Northside Industries, an industry leader in the manufacturing and assembly of a variety of steel and aluminum fabrications for the Oil and Gas, Forestry, Heavy Duty Truck, and Mining sectors, serving our customers both locally, throughout Western Canada and exporting for over 50 years, providing the highest level of workmanship and service to exceed customers’ expectations.
We are currently seeking a Purchasing & Sales Administrator for our West Kelowna, BC location.
We have an opening for a positive and team-oriented individual to our team providing administration support of purchasing and sales activities, working closely with all production groups, as well as engineering, to ensure the daily and ongoing purchasing needs of our teams are met.
Responsibilities of the role include:
* Working with our existing supply chain, as well as sourcing new suppliers,
* Purchasing material, consumables, PPE, outsourced services, packaging etc.,
* Communicate with production and suppliers to ensure that production needs are achieved, supplier commitments met and answering any questions to ensure timely and cost-effective purchasing,
* Administrating sales inquiries from initial customer contact thru to quotation based on defined pricing structures,
* Coordinating with engineering on any customer technical questions,
* Providing detailed scheduling information to proceed with order entry,
* General administration such as accurate and timely scanning and digital filing, updating and maintaining databases, creating documentation, and data entry.
Education & Experience
* 2+ years office administration and customer service experience, or business experience specific to purchasing and sales
* Post-secondary diploma or degree an asset
* Prior work experience with freight, shipping, inventory, or supply chain management ideal
* Proficient skills in MS Office, and ERP software
* Ability to type 50 wpm; with an emphasis on precision and professional formatting
* Ability to work independently, quick to take initiative to support team members
* Proven interpersonal, time management¸ analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Northside Industries offers competitive compensation packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.