Good Samaritan Heron Grove
The world could use more good samaritans. If you are interested in a diverse and rewarding career within a dynamic organization, then choose a career where people matter; where you are valued, appreciated for your hard work, and supported. Join a team that empowers you to live up to your potential so that you can feel part of something bigger and make a difference in the lives of others.
Employment Type: Casual 0 FTE
Hours of Work: Various
Wages: $25.83 BC Wage Leveling in Effect
The Health Care Aide collaborates with an interdisciplinary team to ensure resident/client care is delivered in a way that acknowledges resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence, spirituality and individuality inclusive of a home-like environment:
• Recognizes resident/clients as unique individuals with unique cultural, spiritual and psychosocial needs
• Advocate for our resident/clients and observe and collaborate with the team to report any changes in the residents/clients condition as well as any residents/clients needs or concerns
• Engage in activities of daily living and respond to residents/clients needs for assistance with bathing, dressing, meal service, grooming, and portering, while respecting the residents/clients choice
• Provides quality service according to the care plan and the GSS/GSC Standards of Care including development and updating of care guides/plans
• Promotes team work by helping others as a peer coach through the sharing of knowledge and experience to enhance residents/clients care
The ideal candidate will bring to this opportunity:
• Recognized Health Care Aide Certificate or equivalent
• Grade 12 or GED
• First Aide
• BC: Registration with the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry
• BC: Food Safe 1 (post July 29, 2013) or equivalent
• Able to communicate information in English both verbally and in writing
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal courteously and positively with residents/clients, resident’s family, visitors and team members
• Demonstrates flexibility by changing routine to accommodate residents/clients needs
Who we are:
At The Good Samaritan Society, Good Samaritan Canada, and Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre, we believe that our employees are our number one asset. Since 1949, we have been providing excellence in complex/long term care, assisted/supportive living, and other specialized care services for the elderly and those with developmental and physical support requirements. We could not do what we do without our dedicated and committed employees.
What we can offer you:
•Learning and development opportunities
•Pension and benefits for eligible employees
•Paid vacation time for eligible employees
•Discounted services with many of our local businesses
•Employee and Family Assistance Program
•Employee recognition events
•A current and clear Criminal Records Check Form and Clearance Letter prior to the hire date.
•A tuberculosis screening that has been completed no more than 12 months prior to the hire date.
How to apply:
We thank all applicants, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
•Visit us online at www.gss.org or apply at http://hrnet.gss.org and create a profile