Mountainview Village, Kelowna, BC
HOURS OF WORK Various
EMPLOYMENT TYPE Casual, 0 FTE
LOCATION Mountainview Village
1540 KLO Road Kelowna, BC
WAGES $25.83 BC Wage Leveling in Effect
The Health Care Aide collaborates with an interdisciplinary team to ensure resident/client care is delivered in a way that acknowledges resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence, spirituality and individuality inclusive of a home-like environment:
• Recognizes resident/clients as unique individuals with unique cultural, spiritual and psychosocial needs
• Advocate for our resident/clients and observe and collaborate with the team to report any changes in the residents/clients condition as well as any residents/clients needs or concerns
• Engage in activities of daily living and respond to residents/clients needs for assistance with bathing, dressing, meal service, grooming, and portering, while respecting the residents/clients choice
• Provides quality service according to the care plan and the GSS/GSC Standards of Care including development and updating of care guides/plans
• Promotes team work by helping others as a peer coach through the sharing of knowledge and experience to enhance residents/clients care
The ideal candidate will bring to this opportunity:
• Recognized Health Care Aide Certificate or equivalent
• Grade 12 or GED
• First Aide
• BC: Registration with the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry
• BC: Food Safe 1 (post July 29, 2013) or equivalent
• Able to communicate information in English both verbally and in writing
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal courteously and positively with residents/clients, resident’s family, visitors and team members
• Demonstrates flexibility by changing routine to accommodate residents/clients needs
You must be registered with the British Columbia Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry in order to work as a Health Care Aide in British Columbia.
All new employees are required to submit:
-a current and clear Criminal Record Check Form and Clearance Letter prior to the hire date;
-a tuberculosis screening that has been completed no more than 12 months prior to the hire date.
We thank all applicants, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Please visit http://hrnet.gss.org to view all current employment opportunities.