School District No. 83 is presently seeking
QT - PAINTER
The North Okanagan-Shuswap School District No. 83 invites qualified individuals to apply for the Trade Qualified PAINTER position. This is a Regular 40 Hours per week CUPE union position, and the rate of pay is $32.99 per hour for 12 months of a year. Successful applicants will possess demonstrated experience in all aspects of the HVAC systems.
The North Okanagan-Shuswap School District is a widely dispersed district which includes the five major communities of Salmon Arm, Sicamous, Sorrento, Enderby, and Armstrong. The school district provides educational support for 5,900 K-12 students in twenty-two schools with a professional staff of more than 1,200 employees. The North Okanagan-Shuswap School District is committed to enhancing a positive work environment for staff and a dynamic and supportive educational experience for students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Designing and selecting colour schemes, mixing of colours, and selection of paint.
2. Setting up of staging, ladders and scaffolding.
3. General painting and decorating of School District facilities both interior and exterior areas including walls, ceiling, millwork, trim, floors, etc.
4. Filling and taping of gyproc surface.
5. Ability to do minor maintenance work in other trades when assigned.
6. Capable of using airless and air-type paint spray equipment.
7. Be willing to accept emergency call-outs for repairs.
8. Prepare purchase orders, obtain supplies as required and recommend equipment purchase or replacement.
The above job description reflects the principal functions of the job. Other comparable or transient duties which are within the areas of knowledge and skills required by the job description may also be assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work will be inside and outside work. Most outside work will be scheduled during the warmer months. Travel to all School District facilities required, transportation may be provided to job site. Appropriate painting coveralls (white) must be supplied and worn by trades person. Appropriate personal safety equipment is to be supplied and worn by the trades person. May be required to report directly to the worksite.
1. Certification as a journeyman as set out in the B.C. Apprenticeship Act for painting and decorating, or equivalent Inter-provincial Technical Qualifications.
2. Three years' working experience as a tradesperson in the painting trade related to both new and repaint applications.
3. Demonstrated ability to perform all aspects of the painting and decorating trade competently.
4. Demonstrated ability to design and select colour schemes.
5. Demonstrated ability and experience in mixing of colours and selection of paint.
6. Working knowledge of other trades connected with building, finishing and maintenance.
7. Demonstrated ability to work alone and work as part of a team with other trades persons.
8. Demonstrated ability to take direction and carry out assigned duties independently.
9. Hold a valid B.C. Driver's License.
SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 83 – AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.