Community Living Support Worker (Posting #21-021, Part Time, Temporary)
Are you looking for challenging and rewarding employment? Do you want to make a difference and build connections within your community? If yes, we have an opportunity for you!
Chilliwack Society for Community Living is looking for a Community Living Support Worker!
Why you should work for CSCL:
• Wage: $21.63 - $25.19 per hour
• This position requires Union membership (BCGEU).
• Part time positions may to lead to Full Time positions (which include benefits such as Extended Health and Dental as well as participation in the Municipal Pension Plan, when eligible.)
• Recipient of the Canadian Non Profit Employer of Choice Award (neoc.ca) in 2017, 2018, 2019
What you’ll do as the Community Living Support Worker:
• The primary function of this position is to provide meaningful, personalized support for individuals in their home and community.
• The successful applicant will become a member of an established yet evolving Individualized Service for a unique individual with complex needs.
• Perform safe transferring techniques and participate in all aspects of recreation and leisure activities (e.g. swimming).
• Promote and support Individual rights and facilitate meaningful community inclusion.
• Facilitate ongoing learning opportunities for personal growth and development of the individual.
• Facilitate opportunities for the development of personal relationships.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of personalized plans.
• Promote Positive Behaviour Supports and effective communication.
• Must have training and experience in supporting people with complex physical and mental health needs, including life skills development, menu planning and dietary management. Background in mental health is an asset. Understanding of Dual Diagnosis is essential.
• Must have demonstrated skills in the area of behavioral support and crisis management.
• Able to demonstrate knowledge of current issues and practices, human values in delivery of service.
• A positive and pleasant work attitude, effective communication skills and the ability to relate positively to the public.
• Must be physically able to perform all lifting/transferring duties and participate in regular program activities (i.e. swimming).
• Must possess a valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License and willing to obtain First Aid/CPR Certification.
Thursday 3pm – 11pm
Saturday 7am – 3pm
Sunday 7am – 3pm
(24 hours per week)
This is a temporary position to cover a Leave vacancy.
CSCL, in partnership with the community, builds capacity for the inclusion and belonging of people with varying abilities. We promote diversity and provide innovative, individualized services that enhance quality of life. Our vision is for a community that welcomes and includes everyone! We will be a centre of excellence that inspires belonging, connection and community.