Community Living Support Worker, Youth Residential Service (Various Positions)
Are you looking for challenging and rewarding employment? Do you want to make a difference and build connections within your community? If yes, we have an opportunity for you!
Chilliwack Society for Community Living is looking for Community Living Support Workers!
Why you should work for CSCL:
• Wage: $21.63 - $25.19 per hour
• This position requires Union membership (BCGEU)
• Full Time, Part Time and Casual Positions Available
• Part time positions may include benefits (such as Extended Health) following probation period
• Full Time positions include benefits and participation in Municipal Pension Plan, when eligible
• Recipient of the Canadian Non Profit Employer of Choice Award (neoc.ca) in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
What you’ll do as the Community Living Support Worker:
• The primary function of this position is to provide meaningful, personalized support for youth in their home and community.
• Perform safe transferring techniques and participate in all aspects of recreation and leisure activities (e.g. swimming).
• Promote and support Individual rights and facilitate meaningful community inclusion.
• Facilitate ongoing learning opportunities for personal growth and development of the individual.
• Facilitate opportunities for the development of personal relationships.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of personalized plans.
• Promote Positive Behaviour Supports and effective communication.
• Education and experience working with children/youth with complex behaviours, mental health and health care needs in a residential setting and ability to work independently.
• Resourceful, Creative & Relatable (to the population you’ll be supporting)
• Must be physically able to meet the demands of the job, such as lifting/transferring and recreational activities
• A positive and pleasant work attitude, effective communication skills and a solid understanding of consistent work practices are essential. This position will require working closely with parents, children, community members, school personnel.
• Preference will be given to candidates with a clear understanding of Social Capital
• The successful applicant must possess or be willing to obtain a valid B.C. Class 4 Driver’s License, CPR and First Aid Certification and be able to meet all other CSCL employment criteria (e.g.: Criminal Record Search, MCFD Screening, Good Health Certificate, Food Safe Certificate, etc.)
CSCL is recruiting for the following shifts:
Casual Status: Must be available for a variety of shifts (Day, Evening, Overnight)
Posting #21-069: Wed to Sat 7am-3pm (32hours/week, FT)
Posting #21-075: Wed to Sat 3pm – 11pm (32 hours/week, FT). There is an opportunity to increase your hours to 40/week, by picking up an additional shift on Sundays (7am-3pm) at a Senior Support Worker Rate
CSCL, in partnership with the community, builds capacity for the inclusion and belonging of people with varying abilities. We promote diversity and provide innovative, individualized services that enhance quality of life. Our vision is for a community that welcomes and includes everyone! We will be a centre of excellence that inspires belonging, connection and community.