Community Living Support Worker
Are you looking for challenging and rewarding employment? Do you want to make a difference and build connections within your community? If yes, we have an opportunity for you!
Chilliwack Society for Community Living is looking for Community Living Support Workers!
We are looking for individuals from a variety of backgrounds in the Mental Health and Social Services sector. These include: Human Services/Social Services/Mental Health, Community Support Worker/Education Assistant, and Health Care Assistant/Care Aide Backgrounds.
Why you should work for CSCL:
• Wage: $21.63 - $25.19 per hour
• This position requires Union membership (BCGEU).
• Casual, Part Time and Full Time Opportunities available
• Full Time/Part Time positions include benefits and participation in MPP when eligible
• Opportunity to impact the community and contribute to a “Centre of Excellence”
• Culture of employee appreciation and continuous learning
• Recipient of the Canadian Non Profit Employer of Choice Award (neoc.ca) in 2017, 2018 and 2019
What you’ll do as the Community Living Support Worker:
• Provide meaningful, personalized support for individuals in their home and community.
• Perform safe transferring techniques and participate in all aspects of recreation and leisure activities (e.g. swimming).
• Promote and support Individual rights and facilitate meaningful community inclusion.
• Facilitate ongoing learning opportunities for the personal growth of individuals.
• Facilitate opportunities for the development of personal relationships.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of personalized plans.
• Promote Positive Behaviour Supports and effective communication.
CSCL is seeking candidates with experience, education and/or training in the following areas:
• Community Living Support: Supporting individuals with varying degrees of developmental and physical disabilities.
• Mental Health Support: Supporting individuals with mental health challenges and/or outreach experience with ‘at risk’ populations.
• Health Care Support: Supporting individuals with various medical conditions and needs.
• Candidates with different areas of expertise will work with individuals who need support from that specific background to ensure they are getting the best possible care.
• Must possess a Class 5 Driver’s License and be willing to obtain a valid BC Class 4 Driver’s License (Class 7 Driver’s licenses may be accepted).
• Must be willing to obtain Criminal Record Check and Doctor’s Certificate of Good Health
• Flexibility and Availability to respond to calls for shift coverage.
CSCL, in partnership with the community, builds capacity for the inclusion and belonging of people with varying abilities. We promote diversity and provide innovative, individualized services that enhance quality of life. Our vision is for a community that welcomes and includes everyone! We will be a centre of excellence that inspires belonging, connection and community.