Child and Youth Support Worker (Posting #21-082, Temporary)
Are you looking for challenging and rewarding employment? Do you want to make a difference and build connections within your community? If yes, we have an opportunity for you!
Chilliwack Society for Community Living is looking for a Child and Youth Support Worker!
Why you should work for CSCL:
• Wage: $21.63 - $25.19 per hour
• This position requires Union membership (BCGEU).
• Opportunity to impact the community and contribute to a “Centre of Excellence”
• Culture of employee appreciation and continuous learning
• Canadian Non Profit Employer of Choice Award recipient (neoc.ca) in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
What you’ll do as the Child and Youth Support Worker:
• Provide support to youth in social, recreational, and leisure settings.
• Ensure activities adhere as much as possible to the mandate of normalization.
• Involve the individual in making decisions and choosing activities while teaching new skills and developing appropriate behaviors.
• Act as a liaison person between the program and the parent/families and understand role as liaison person, and representative of the CSCL, between the programs and the community as a whole
• Provide program documentation as requested by the Children’s Services Manager (including log book, petty cash accounts, incidents reports, etc.).
• Maintain communication between self and co-workers with regard to the program and the needs of the children/teens at all times. Share, as directed, relevant information about specific children/teens with their parents/advocates, and with staff of other programs or agencies with which the child/teen is involved.
• Assist with researching new activities including contacting other community agencies as needed and appropriate.
• All other duties and responsibilities are outlined in the job description for the Children's Services Support Worker obtainable from the main office
• Have post-secondary education in a related field (e.g.: Early Childhood Education, Social Services, Child & Youth Care, Community Support Worker).
• Ability to set boundaries and expectations is essential.
• Must display an excellent understanding of community inclusion and integration as they apply to children/youth with diverse abilities.
• Have strong time management/organizational skills.
• Be able to accurately complete all online documentation.
• Energetic, team oriented and comfortable with planning and organizing programs/activities
• BC Class 5 BC Driver’s License and First Aid/CPR. Must be able to meet all other CSCL employment requirements (i.e. Criminal Record Check Clearance, Medical Certificate, etc.)
• Must be under the age of 30.
• Experience supporting youth with challenging behavior is an asset.
Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 4:00pm, with the Summer Teens Club
NOTE: This is a temporary summer position, during the months of July and August. The position details and hours are dependent upon funding from the Canada Summer Jobs grant and may be subject to change.
CSCL, in partnership with the community, builds capacity for the inclusion and belonging of people with varying abilities. We promote diversity and provide innovative, individualized services that enhance quality of life. Our vision is for a community that welcomes and includes everyone! We will be a centre of excellence that inspires belonging, connection and community. (www.cscl.org).