Program Manager (Posting #21-042, Full Time)
Are you interested in an opportunity to put your managerial and people skills to practice? Do you want to make a difference within your community? If yes, we have an opportunity for you!
Chilliwack Society for Community Living is looking for a Program Manager in our Community Inclusion Service!
Why you should work for CSCL:
• Wage: $28.39 – 33.06 per hour
• This position requires Union membership (BCGEU).
• Benefits include Extended Health and Dental, following completion of the probationary period
• Mandatory participation in the Municipal Pension Plan, following completion of the probationary period
• Our vision: A centre of excellence that inspires belonging, connection and community
• Canadian Non Profit Employer of Choice Award Recipient (neoc.ca) in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
What you’ll do as the Program Manager:
• Oversee the day to day operations of three Community Inclusion Services (and other services, as mandated by need), including the development, implementation and coordination of schedules and systems.
• Provide program leadership, vision and direction to service teams ensuring that quality, individualized and responsive services are provided with respect and dignity
• Promote excellence and innovation in service provision and ensure that standards, guidelines and policies of CSCL are maintained, including compliance with Ministry and Standards Acts
• Contribute to evaluation and decision making as part of the “Combined Manager/Leadership” team and reporting relationship with Associate Director
• Supervise and evaluate staff’s work. Schedule staff, participate in grievance resolution amongst staff and assist in personnel activities such as interviewing, training and discipline
• Supervise expenditures within the existing budget allowance and make recommendations for budget including capital and program costs
• Ensure that pertinent documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner
• Perform assessments and evaluations of individuals’ performance and goals as required, develop action plans to meet individuals needs, coordinate and promote the placement and movement of individuals to most appropriate service and activities.
• Ensure effective communication with all parties involved (e.g.: individuals, staff, caregivers, funders) while maintaining liaison with other community organizations to coordinate the provision of services and resolve program delivery difficulties.
• Create agendas and participate in and chair various types of meetings
• Ensure that all Health & Safety conditions are met within the program’s sites
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned by the designated Director
Qualifications & Experience:
• Must have post-secondary education (e.g.: Social Services Diploma, Community Support Worker Certificate, J.I. Management Certificate)
• Minimum 5 years experience in supporting individuals with developmental disabilities in community settings; Prior supervisory experience is an asset
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to present professionally
• Proficient in the use of computer, including use of Microsoft Office
• Proven, sound philosophical understanding of the principles of Community Inclusion and Integration, as they apply to individuals with disabilities
• Proven ability to provide Leadership, Mediation and Collaboration to a team
• Proven ability to Develop and Coordinate Community based options for individuals
• Must have a thorough understanding of Employment Standards act as it applies to our sector
• Must have the ability to build and maintain relationships with families, caregivers, clients and other community groups.
• Valid First Aid Certificate, physical health and a Class 4 Driver’s License are also required
Monday - Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (40 hours per week) but remaining flexible to meet the needs of the service area, in alignment with the “Community Inclusion Anytime” Policy
CSCL, in partnership with the community, builds capacity for the inclusion and belonging of people with varying abilities. We promote diversity and provide innovative, individualized services that enhance quality of life. Our vision is for a community that welcomes and includes everyone! We will be a centre of excellence that inspires belonging, connection and community. (www.cscl.org).