Bento Sushi is looking for a Food Service Area Supervisor to join our team in Okanagan, BC. (Kelowna or Vernon)
The Food Service Area Supervisor is responsible for managing assigned Sushi Bars in their assigned region. This includes developing, supervising and coaching team members to ensure the highest levels of product quality and guest service standards are achieved.
Why you should join our team:
- We offer a comprehensive compensation package:
- Competitive bonus plan
- Monthly car allowance
- Gas card for business travel
- Group health benefits and retirement plan for eligible employees
- We are proud of our Bento Sushi Foundation which offers educational grants for our teammates and funding for other rewarding causes such as seafood sustainability and community involvement.
- Responsible for the overall day-to-day management and operations of assigned locations including people management, food safety, guest services, sales and food quality
- Accountable for recruiting, training, development and motivating hourly teammates.
- Daily store visits and monitoring of kiosks to ensure they are compliant with Bento regulatory requirements including quality assurance and food safety, health and safety standards and ensuring all required corrective action is taken promptly.
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships with store management and third party auditors.
- Execution of new store openings and implementing new product/program roll outs.
- Ensure that the labor and production plans are regularly amended to maximize profitability for each location through a combination of sales optimization and waste control.
- Ensure Daily Production Reports, payroll, checklists and reports are completed accurately for operational matters.
- Monthly inventory counts, Quality Assurance and Bento Compliance Audits.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1 year of food service management experience, preferably in a multi-unit environment
- Previous experience in the Sushi industry would be considered an asset.
- Ability to adapt and succeed in a fast paced environment
- Ability to travel within an assigned region and with a flexible schedule to accommodate operational needs.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must be self-motivated and guest focused oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure and deal with stressful situations