The privately-owned BID Group of Companies has over 30 years of experience in providing industry leading solutions for our highly-valued customers. Powered by BID Construction, Comact, PHL, DelTech, BID Service, McGehee, MoCo, Miller Manufacturing and Vibra-Pro, our company provides efficient and reliable equipment and services that exceed our customer’s expectations. Our ability to provide turnkey solutions that include engineering, project management, installation, start up, and after-sales service furthers our strategic value to our customers.
Under the supervision of the drafting manager, the junior designer will work within our engineering team to supply fabrication, detail and installation drawings for a variety of products related to the sawmill industry.
Based at our DelTech Manufacturing division in Prince George, BC.
General Skills & Qualifications Required:
• Applicants should have a diploma, certification, or associates degree in mechanical engineering technology or equivalent
• Proficiency with applicable software, in particular Solidworks and AutoCAD
• Knowledge of the different products and components used in the manufacturing and design of sawmill equipment (bearings, motors, reducers, etc)
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills required
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals as well as a strong team player
• Accuracy, attention to detail and to complete work in a timely manner
• Adapt to tight deadlines, occasional heavy workloads and frequent changes in priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
We offer a competitive salary and a range of attractive benefits. If you have the job qualifications and are looking for a challenge, please submit your application. Every job application is treated confidentially. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.