A. POSITION SUMMARY
In accordance with Letter of Understanding #1 – Student Employees, and under the direct supervision of the designated supervisor, the Student Assistant – Recruitment and Events, will assist the Recruitment department and the Regional Dean’s Offices with event set-up; provide general tours; and at events will greet attendees, provide assistance at check-in if required, and other assistance as needed.
B. FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
The Student will assist the supervisor with the following duties:
1. Campus Information Nights
2. Information booths for current students
3. Local career fairs and all other campus recruitment and events
4. Providing of campus tours
5. Orientation, student appreciation and student life events
6. Providing other assistance as needed
C. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Enrolled in a post-secondary program at Okanagan College
- Prior work experience is an asset
- Experience working at events is an asset
3. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency in the use of a variety of computer software applications.
- Works effectively both independently and as part of a team with an aptitude for working in a collegial and collaborative environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Outgoing, approachable team player