Under direct supervision of the Athletics, Recreation and Student Life Assistant and in consultation with the Regional Dean, will assist the supervisor with Athletic, Recreation and Student Life Events
Functions and Duties
The Student Assistant will assist the Athletics, Recreation and Student Life department staff by:
1. Assisting in promoting Athletic, Recreation and Student Life events by posting and removing posters as well as other advertisements, taking admission fees as needed and distributing event tickets.
2. Assisting in the organization of supplies and placing promotional materials on tables.
3. Performing event greeting duties including taking tickets, handing out event programs, greeting guests performers and guest speakers.
4. Assisting with event hosting set up and take down.
5. Assisting in promoting student involvement by gathering feedback from students about Athletic, Recreation and Student Life activities.
6. Clean the fitness facility equipment.
7. Ensure that staff and students are adhering to the rules and regulations of the facilities.
Registered in a post-secondary program at Okanagan College
Experience in international and/or event support
3. Skills and Abilities
- comfortable and confident with children and adults
- cheerful attitude
- team player
The above duties have been reviewed and they fall within the terms and conditions outlined in Letter of Understanding #1 - Student Employees.