A. POSITION SUMMARY
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Dean of Business the Research Assistant will support research-related activities pertaining to the Okanagan School of Business and the Associate Dean’s research areas of interest and expertise.
B. FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Under supervision of the Associate Dean the Research Assistant will perform the following duties:
1. Review and update their knowledge in research methodology for educational purposes
2. Search literature sources pertaining to the relevant areas of research.
3. Collect, record, compile, summarize data, and communicate this information.
4. Participate in research activities with the Associate Dean such as events, interviews, reading articles, listening to speakers, which are related to the subject area being investigated.
5. Under the direct supervision of the Associate Dean administer telephone interviews and to compile and report on data collected.
C. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Have completed at least 60 credits in the Bachelor of Business Administration program, preferably in the Marketing option and have completed and passed BuAd 210 (Introduction to Marketing Research).
Knowledge and interest in the professor’s research areas of expertise.
2. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (word, excel), internet and database research.
- Must be able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with an aptitude for working in a collegial and collaborative environment
- Effective writing and organizational skills and a positive attitude.
- Pays significant attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills to maintain effective correspondence with Associate Dean, professors and members of the public.
- Excellent time management skills to coordinate research and academic activities.
The above duties have been reviewed and they fall within the terms and conditions outlined in Letter of Understanding #3 – Research Projects