We are Laughing Dragon Studios. We are an animation studio that is in a word; Hungry. We are hungry to work on new and exciting projects, with creative and driven clients. We are a group of people coming from all walks of life that are united in our focus to make the best-looking, well-produced and timeless animations.
Our work is seen on television, in theatres and on streaming services worldwide.
LDS is currently seeking experienced Storyboard Artists to join our team.
• Collaborate with the Storyboard Supervisor, Director and creative team
• Be able to tell a story visually & emotionally
• Translate a written script into motion & acting
• Plan the structure & cinematography; from establishing shots through to each cut & camera movement
• Be able to break down a script & help create & use locations & props
• Follow the production pipeline
• Follow proper naming conventions and technical requirements
• Meet all deadlines set out by Production Manager.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• 3 years of experience working in Animation
• Portfolio shows aptitude for layout, character design, composition & strong drawing skills
• Strong sense of cinematic angles, staging, and scene blocking with an understanding of film cinematography to visually communicate story objectives
• Highly skilled using Photoshop and Storyboard Pro with Harmony as an asset
• Ability to work digitally, from a thumbnail to finished panel
• Professional communication skills, able to take direction and work within a production schedule
• Must have the ability to time manage and work both efficiently and creatively under pressure