Are you a new journeyman plumber or dedicated plumbing apprentice looking for a fresh, innovative mechanical company to help propel your plumbing adventure into greatness? Look no further than Groundswell Mechanical!
We are a family owned and operated mechanical company based in Coldstream and proudly serving the North Okanagan region with new plumbing, gas fitting and hydronic heating installations. We work primarily on new construction and renovation projects with occasional service, drain cleaning, and maintenance work thrown into the mix as well. As a result, we can offer a comprehensive work experience in the many diverse branches of plumbing and heating. The job sites and scopes of mechanical work are regularly changing which keeps the days from getting boring and will ultimately help you to become a more well-rounded trades professional.
Areas of work we focus on include:
- new residential single-family custom homes
- new spec homes and development projects
- new multi-family residential projects such as townhouses or row houses
- residential renovations and re-pipes or equipment upgrades
- new agricultural buildings and systems
- commercial tenant improvements or new commercial builds for restaurants, cafes, office buildings, retail stores, dental and medical facilities, yoga studios and other professional spaces
We are a young company stoked about the mechanical trades and excited about new technologies and innovations in the industry. We take a lot of pride in training up top quality trades professionals and fostering a passion for our craft. We are energetic, ambitious and we are looking for like-minded tradesmen who can help us meet the growing demand for our services. This is where you come in.
What We Are Looking For:
- dedicated workers who are committed to growth in the knowledge and skills of the plumbing trade
- physical fitness for the strenuous daily tasks that accompany construction labour work
- valid Class 5 drivers license
- working knowledge of the BC Plumbing and Gas codes (if you are new to the trade, don't worry about this so much - you'll get there!)
- a positive mental attitude and willingness to work hard and smart
What We Are Offering:
- be a part of an amazing team with other young trades professionals who work hard and have fun together
- experience the diversity of the mechanical industry with many different tasks and job sites that change from day to day
- earn a great, competitive starting wage with potential for bonuses, health benefits, and other rewards based on your performance
- journeymen will eventually drive your own company provided work truck - fully organized and stocked with the necessary power tools and materials to do your job efficiently
- your evenings, weekends, and scheduled vacations are your hard-earned time off – you will not be required to work during these times unless you wish to