Okanagan College offers a wide variety of certificate, diploma and degree programs. Details of these can be found in the Okanagan College Calendar under Programs
Applicants whose first language is not English
Applicants to diploma, degree and certificate programs whose first language is not English must submit documentation of one of the following:
- A TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 79 (Internet-based).
- An overall band score of 6.5 on the academic version of IELTS.
- A score exceeding level 6 on the Okanagan College English Language Assessment (OCELA).
- A minimum grade of 70% in each of EAPD 040, EAPW 041 and EAPR 042 for admission to a Bachelor of Business Administration degree, Business Administration diploma, Commercial Aviation diploma or Advanced Culinary Arts diploma.
- A minimum grade of 60% in EAPD 040, EAPW 041 and EAPR 042 for admission to Arts, Science, Computer Information Systems and Engineering Technology programs.
- A minimum grade of 70% in B.C. secondary school English 12 or its equivalent for Business or a minimum grade of 60% for Arts, Science, Engineering technology, and most diploma programs.
- A transcript showing completion of an English literature or composition course at a recognized university or college in Canada with a minimum grade of 50%.
- A minimum score of level 5 on the Language Proficiency Index test (available only in BC) for Business or level 4 for Arts, Science, technology and most diploma programs.
Applicants who have successfully completed a diploma or degree from an accredited institution at which English is the language of instruction may submit their academic transcript for review by Okanagan College. Subject to verification, this diploma or degree may be used to meet the English requirement for admission to Okanagan College.
Documentation of English language proficiency should be sent directly to International Education, Okanagan College.
In addition to English, all students must meet program specific prerequisites.
Applicants who are less than 19 years of age must submit official, sealed, secondary school transcripts clearly indicating that they have completed requirements for secondary school graduation. Transcripts must be submitted in English. Check admission requirements by country
. If the official transcript is not in English, the student must arrange a translation from an additional transcript and both must be signed by a translation agency representative or school official.
Students who wish to receive Okanagan College credits for courses completed at other colleges or universities, must send official, sealed transcripts and complete course outlines to International Education, Okanagan College. All documents must be translated into English and signed by a translation agency representative or school offical. Post-secondary transcripts will not be returned to the student. The evaluation fee for transcripts from post-secondary institutions outside of BC is $150 for International Students. See Transfer Credit Requests
for more information.
When to Apply
Courses for degree and diploma programs begin on the first or second Wednesday in September. Applications are accepted on or after the first working day in November, for entry into a program starting the following September. For the best selection of programs and courses, applicants are encouraged to apply before May 15 for September admission. Applicants may apply between May 15 and June 30, but some programs may be filled by May 15.
Applicants are admitted in chronological order of receipt of their application. Admission requirements (official transcripts, proof of English proficiency and program prerequisites) must be satisfied by the deadlines indicated in the letter of admission (usually eight weeks following the submission of an application) for September admission.
For program intakes other than September, applicants are advised to apply at least three months before the start date.
Please also see International Student Admission or refer to the Okanagan College website or the Okanagan College International Education application package for further information.